iDump is a free tool can help you transferring songs from an iPod to a PC if you have a large file capacity.
You will be greeted by a standard interface and a few menus. Of course, in order for the program to work, you must already have your iPod connected to the computer.
In Output Options you can choose the destination directory, as well as the order for song information (artist, album, title, genre, track number, and year), and unattended transfer options (overwrite if a file exists, or skip it and move to the next song).
The time it takes iDump to copy is reasonable, and the software uses a fair amount of CPU resources. Because there are so limited features, navigating through them proves to be no problem whatsoever.
All iPod users should have this small application installed on their computer, and use it every time they have an obsessing song playing in the back of their mind one day (you know, because speakers are louder than your head).
Key features of "iDump":
· Output formatting
· This gives you the option to select an output directory and the way the songs will be transferred.
· Unattended Transfer
· If you have the pleasure of owning one of the larger iPod's then this option is for you, Simply set the options for this feature and it will deal with common errors like what to do if a song already exist on the destination drive etc.
· This does what most searches do, it searches!
· If you use playlists on your iPod then this give you the option to select any of the playlists and display the song within the selected list only.
· Export Playlists
· This option will export all of your playlists in to the standard .m3u format.
· iPod connected to your PC
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the path not found error line 292.
System Requirements : Windows 2K / XP / 2003 / Vista